Voting
Monday, January 12, 2009

A couple of days at home

Well, I am back in the land of Australia and have been reintroduced to the joys of wet season. Here in the tropics we enjoy two seasons, not four. We have wet and dry. Currently we are in the "wet" and wet we are. I am meant to be at work today but alas 280mm of rain in 10 hours has meant that the roads are flooded and despite living 5km from the hospital, I cant get there. So, I am taking liberty of a flood leave day and staying at home.
Saturday I was hanging around the house trying to sell my old car and got the stamping stuff out to help full in time between visits from prospective buyers and got a few cards done. All day I was being bugged by the croaking of a frog that made it feel like he was in the house with me. I arrived home last night and found him at the front door. This has to be the biggest green tree frog I have ever seen. No wonder he was loud.
I anticipate that there will be a few more cards from my day at home today as well. Though I might go for a walk/wade to the McCafe around the corner and have a hot chocolate and a treat.
So here are the cards from Saturday
So this one is using the Eastern Blooms stamp set. The big red brads came from the craft shop in Atherton and the Jumbo eyelets are from Stampin Up. The colours are Not quite navy, Ruby red and whisper white. The salutation is from a set I forgot to name (I have learnt my lesson).












This card comes from my ebay purchase at Christmas by the name of blooming with happiness. The cardstock is purely pomegranate and whisper white. The hodgepodge is from stampin up and the salutation is from sweet serenidipty. Ribbon and diamond sparkles from overflow.
Another ebay purchase over Christmas. This stamp set is called fun filled and looks like it could have a couple of uses. Card stock is purely pomegrante, very vanilla, chocolate chip and some designer paper. Ribbon is again from my recommended supplier...overflow.
This one uses the eastern bloom stamp set again in creamy caramel, old olive and purely pomeganate. The hodgepodge is from stampin up. I used some old olive designer paper and done some daubering.

I had another play with the eastern blooms set and this is what I came up with. I used my favourite colours of purely pomegrante and chocolate chip (I have heaps of cardstock of both, thats why I use it so much).Hodgepodge is stampin up.

And lucky last
I was trying to do something different with the eastern blooms set and it is meant to look like the bird is sitting on a fence. Not sure if I have perfected this one or not yet.
So that is all for now. Have just discovered that the roof leaks so sitting on the couch beside a bucket.
Bron


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bron,
Paula has come up for the day - we figured you may have done some stamping with all the wet weather. We both love all the cards and are very jealous.
Talk soon,
Adrianne and Paula