Voting
Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have been razzled

It has been a big week and the next couple are going to be even bigger. I have just recently got some new stuff and have been wanting to try them out but finding the time has been the challenge but finally I have got my stamping stuff out and given it a go, even if I have felt guilty for doing so when I know I have so much study to do before I go to Wagga NEXT WEEKEND! But the temptation got to me too much.

I think I have fallen in love with rich razzleberry. It goes so well with old olive. I have a wall in my bedroom painted in rich razzleberry (maybe more of a grape colour but similar). My first card is my attempt at two step stamping. You should have seen me twirling my stamp-a-majig around trying to work out which way to stamp. I got a few wrong before I got these four.
Cardstock: Old olive, rich razzleberry, soft suede and whisper white
Ink: Old olive and rich razzleberry
Stamp set: Cottage garden
Ribbon: Rich razzleberry grosgrain ribbon



Attempt number two was the two step stamping. I must remember to measure before cutting. My intention was for the main panel to be a bit shorter so that it didn't cover my hodgepodge but it didn't happen. I added some bling to give it just a bit more pop.
Cardstock: Old olive, melon mambo, soft suede, rich razzleberry and whisper white
Ink: Old olive, rich razzleberry
Stampset: Cottage garden, whimsical words
Ribbon: Old olive grosgrain ribbon

These two cards were the resurrection of a failed attempt at making tags and sort of happened at the end of the night when I found some scraps.
Cardstock: Old olive (of course), soft suede, melon mambo, rich razzleberry, cottage wall designer paper
Stampset: happy moments
Ink: Basic black

And because I really love the pocket silhouette stampset I thought I would give my new favourite colour combination a go. Again this was from the scrap heap. The card is not the conventional size.
Cardstock: Old olive, soft suede, rich razzleberry, whisper white
Stamp set: Pocket silhouettes
Ink: rich razzleberry
Ribbon: rich razzleberry grosgrain ribbon

Still not willing to give up the new colours, I carried on with another favourite stamp set and made this simplistic card.Card stock: soft suede, melon mambo
Stamp sets: Easter blooms and best yet
Ink: Rich razzleberry, basic black

I actually made two cards that were similar (not something I usually do!) but they are still slightly different.
Cardstock: Old olive, soft suede, rich razzleberry, whisper white, cottage wall designer paper
Stamp set: Pocket silhouettes, best yet
Ink: rich razzleberry
Ribbon: rich razzleberry grosgrain ribbon and whisper white taffeta
And just for something different (uggg!) I went back to my good old faithful colour combination. I also discovered I am down to my last piece of chocolate chip (how did that happen!). I was attempting to get a vintage look but think I missed the mark!
Cardstock: Creamy caramel, cameo coral, chocolate chip, whisper white and some designer paper that I dont know the name of.
Stampset: One of a kind
Ink: Chocolate chip and cameo coral
Ribbon: Choc chip satin ribbon
Other bits: Brass hodgepodge, button (button latte), hemp twine

And lucky last, another one from easter blooms. This one looks quite fresh in real life. Overcast days make it so hard to get good photos!
Cardstock: Old olive, rich razzleberry, melon mambo, whisper white, cottage wall designer paper.
Stamp set: Eastern blooms, best yet (friends)
Ink: rich razzleberry
Ribbon: rich razzleberry grosgrain ribbon
Buttons from button bouquet collection
Hope you have enjoyed my creations. There may be more this weekend. I haven't packed all my stamping stuff away yet.
Have a good weekend
Bron

0 comments: