Voting
Friday, July 30, 2010

A bit of Cairns Show fun

Years ago I went to the Cairns show (the only time I had been) and remember looking at the baking section and thinking, hey, I could beat that. So, this year I put my actions where my thoughts were and went for it and it turned out to be quite a fun experience. So here are the winners. I just had to enter the packet cake section...like how hard can that be? Note to self: don't try cooking a cake while studying! I burnt the bottom of the cake so chopped the bottom off and still ended up getting first. The thing is...that chocolate cake to the left looked real good and I would eat it before I would eat my cake
I got second in the damper. It didn't quite turn out like a damper but rather as a large scone. The mixture got a bit too wet and the outside didn't chrisp up like it should have.
Second for pikelets...nanna would be so proud. It was her recipe
And highly commended for my famous muffins. My work mates think I got ripped off
I also entered some of my photographs just to see how they would go in a competition and I must say I was thrilled to even get placed. It seems I have a couple of friends who are willing to take me on next year.
Don't ask me what the flower is. As I said to the judge when I picked up my photos...it was there so I took a photo of it.

And, finally a third for my Congo kid. I love this photo.
It was a fun experience
Bron

0 comments: